VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Is anyone using the Verbatim 3.5'' External Hard Drive eSATA & USB Combo 1TB (Product Number: 47526)? Verbatim does not mention what is the speed and brand of this HDD. Does anyone know?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Surely Samsungs........
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you are running Windows and the drive is plugged in, look at your Control Panel>Device Manager as it usually lists the brand and model of connected drives. Not sure how it does with USB drives as I don't have any hooked up at present, but I think they would be listed there also.

Click image for larger version

Name:	drives.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	386

Putting the info from my laptop Device Manager (ST9120822AS) into a internet search engine, it appears to be a Seagate Momentus 5400.3 ST9120822AS 120GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache 2.5" SATA 1.5Gb/s Notebook Hard Drive.

Alternatively, try SIW. It gives you a lot of information, including info about drives. http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html

EDIT: From a German review, they say it's a SAMSUNG EcoGreen F2 HD103SI 1TB 5400 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Last edited by redwudz; 14th Feb 2010 at 05:24.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I was under the impression that the speed of the hard drive in this combo was 7200RPR and not 5400RPR.
    Quote Quote