VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey
    l use MakeMKV to ripping DVD but the Size is large for one Episode about 800 MP or more how l shrink the Episode to be 720p or 480p quality and l want it to have multi-Audio and sub ?
    How l do it ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You use handbrake to shrink the mkv (or dvd to mkv). Makemkv just copies the video and does not shrink anything.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You could always shrink the disc first using DVDShrink, then load the VIDEO_TS folder into MakeMKV.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for your raply but l want be at 720p or 480p quality how l chose or make it ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Handbrake lets you chose the resolution you want, but why would you wanna stretch a 720*480 to 1280*720? Just asking...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So l want see it in LCD TV and be best quality
    l want ask it is the same in Blu-ray ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I view my regular DVDs at their original resolution and my BD in all their HD glory. There are some BD is scale down to 720 though. HD movies will look good on your HD LCD as long as you keep the between their native resolution of 720p to 1080p. I've found the MakeMKV does work with all BD movies and the files it makes are way too large for my taste, but it keeps the resolution high. If you have limitless storage, say maybe 20TB server, you have nothing to worry about.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you for the information and for your help
    Quote Quote