VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am trying to figure out what kind of software that people use when they make the Scene it dvds.

I am trying to write an interactive dvd game.

Anyone know of the kind of software that I will need to do that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can create an interactive DVD Video game pretty simply with most decent authoring tools. Something like SceneIt requires some scripting skills and an authoring tool that lets you get down and dirty behind the scenes. On the PC that would be DVDLab Pro, DVD Architect (latest versions) and Scenarist, and on the Mac, DVD Studio Pro.

Regardless of the tool used, however, the key to getting it right is to plan the whole thing out first, know exactly what it will do, what assets are required, and having all the assets ready in advance. Pulling it altogether at the will then be the easy part.

I do remember one company that advertised a DVD Video game authoring package, however from memory it limited you to a small set of game structures, and could not be purchased, only licensed. I cannot remember their name or if they still exist. I do remember that they were not cheap.

Edit : Found it. The company was called Zootech and the product was called DVD Extra. The Zootech website now re-directs to Zoo Digital, and there is no mention of DVD Extra, or an equivalent, on there site.
    Last edited by guns1inger; 6th Feb 2010 at 01:01. Reason: Add extra info re: authoring tool
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote