VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys, I got a new laptop: Asus G60 (gaming laptop) and I have been using ImgBurn on my past desktops / laptops and it has been very good.

But on this new laptop (OS is Win7) it seems to have an issue with Device Buffer only sitting and not exceeding over 59%.

The DVD-Rom / Burner is 8x. I use high quality (1st class media) and only on this laptop Imgburn is showing 59% Device Buffer. I then hooked up my External 1-16x Sony through USB and it gives a wooping 100% rate (perfect).

So I called Asus complaining about this and they said that the software is not compatible with the internal DVD-Burner and that they recommend me using the software that was installed by the factory; which I think it is called CineNow or something like that. The thing I do-not like about this CineNow software is its very basic and does not give me status of the buffer under run ect. Just shows the percentage of the burning competition.

So I would like to know what are your thoughts on what it could be why ImgBurn is showing a low Device Buffer percentage? I also attempt to burn a DVD+R @ 4x and still the same darn thing.

Do you guys think it’s the software?