VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If I have a pre-produced dvd-compliant .mpg muxed with ImagoMPEG-Muxer (probably mpeg2/ac3 or mpeg2/mp2, usually 4:3) and just need the result to be a single DVD with a single menu item to play the mpg (eg with a suitable menu text title and button) ... which tool would you suggest ?

Also, I thought about doing it from a batch file with DVDauthor direct (eg creating a .xml on the fly) but can't figure out what xml file content to use. This would bypass the need to run a gui... any suggestions/examples including the commandline ?

PS DVDauthor download seems to be source only, where could I obtain the latest XP win32 build ?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    can't help you with the command line functions of dvdauthor but if you download gui for dvdauthor and look in your program files directory for gfd you will find a compiled win32 dvdauthor.exe
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by halsboss View Post
    If I have a pre-produced dvd-compliant .mpg muxed with ImagoMPEG-Muxer (probably mpeg2/ac3 or mpeg2/mp2, usually 4:3) and just need the result to be a single DVD with a single menu item to play the mpg (eg with a suitable menu text title and button) ... which tool would you suggest ?

GfD can do that very easily.
    Read its guides.
    Note that it uses batch files to make the VOB fileset, you can do "Create batch" to just let it make the batch and XML files if you want to modify them.

You can set up GfD to just start playing without a menu; if that's all you want you could also use ReJig or Muxman.
    Quote Quote