VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Anybody know the exact link to this clip, (i snipped link from a forum here) but there is an moticon in the link that has replaced the original char and now the link won't work.

I tried working it out myself several times at guessing it but on my dialup each webpage is just too slow to even show anything let alone the error message, plus it eats up my swap file every time I try to access any youtube pages.
    ( I think all the latest flash updates are no good for win98 )

Originally Posted by craigarta View Post
    Well when it comes to cooking it I guess I habe gotten lazy

I use one of these now and couldn't be happier

here's the link to the page showing the error in the link:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/307926-How-do-you-like-your-pizza-Fresh-frozen-stor...ught-home-made

Thank you,

EDIT: ok, so that is strange, it shows the video inside a QUOTE message--I hadn't expected that. But that still doesn't solve the problem when the link shows the moticon. And I guess it doesn't (won't) show here either. You have to go to the link I posted above to actually see the issue. Anyway. I don't actualy view the videos on these links nor at the youtube sites because of the isue I have with the swap file shrinking fast... What I do is snip the link and paste into www.keepvid.com so I can d/l them, this avoids the issue and I can delete the video if I don't like it.

-vhelp 5321
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The youtube link works above! magic :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8ON3OLHPdo

But I must change that smiley code.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In case you miss my response..you replied while I was editing the my first post..I'll retype what I just wrote above.

ok, so that is strange, it shows the video inside a QUOTE message--I hadn't expected that. But that still doesn't solve the problem when the link shows the moticon. And I guess it doesn't (won't) show here either. You have to go to the link I posted above to actually see the issue. Anyway. I don't actualy view the videos on these links nor at the youtube sites because of the isue I have with the swap file shrinking fast... What I do is snip the link and paste into www.keepvid.com so I can d/l them, this avoids the issue and I can delete the video if I don't like it.

-vhelp 5322
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    One more question about this.. when someone posts a youtube type video and it is a direct insert (whatever the term) how can I obtain the youtube link (so I can get it through keepvid.com) since right clicking doesn't reveal the link ?

I have a perfect example, here:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/315873-On-the-Topic-of-Reporting-the-News

Thank you,

-vhelp 5324
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just double click in the video (or right click and choose show on youtube) and it will open a new window with the youtube link.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. That sort of worked, but I'll make due with it. I had to first double click and then click on the youtube link to open a youtube page where. I can quickly snip the vid and then close the page down and then quickl jump back to the other page and close it because it too has begun streaming the vid. I recon about 5mb swap file lost. hopefully I won't have too many videos I have to do this with, when they occur.

Thank you.

-vhelp 5326
    Quote Quote