VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've been trying to convert some MKV format episodes of Top Gear to DVD format so I can play it on a regular DVD player. I'm having issues because when the project is complete it's not recognized on a regular DVD player. I'm using DVD +R discs, is that the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It might be the media, does other dvd+r burned media work on your dvd player? Try other media.
    Does the burned dvd work on your computer with a software dvd player?
    What software are you using to convert to dvd? Try free tools like dvd flick or avstodvd.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I put the burned DVD into a playstation 2 and it does play but it's very jerky. Could it be that the DVD file is too big, or that it's HD quality so it won't play in something so old?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you created a proper DVD-Video disc, it can't be HD video - DVD-Video's maximum is 720x576 (PAL) or 720x480 (NTSC), and your converter would have changed it to those resolutions or lower. Chances are, it's probably something to do with the media you used, though I think it's possible you could've used too high a bitrate (someone will have to correct me on that one), but rather unlikely.

Edit: Also see manono's reply to your other (similar) topic, here.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes mine was created at 720X480. I'm actually converting from an MKV file. What is a good bitrate to consider?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why not use MultiAVCHD to create an AVCHD to play on your PS3?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVStoDVD if you want a working DVD. Burn to quality media with Imgburn.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote