VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I'm a new user of VOB2MPG Pro, on factory dvds i am not getting the video portion upon conversion, but working correctly with pre-ripped/burned dvds? Using DVDIdle pro in background and have tried conversion with and without idle enabled....Can any users help?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    DVDIdle appears to be a very old decryption program. Try using something like DVDFab HD Decrypter for the decryption.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    DVDIdle hasn't been updated since 2006.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Thought DVDIdle is for removal of copy protection, VOB2MPG is supposed to be an all-in-one decrypter/encoder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by vcrpro3 View Post
    Thought DVDIdle is for removal of copy protection, VOB2MPG is supposed to be an all-in-one decrypter/encoder.
    What part of DVDIdle hasn't been updated since 2006 are you having trouble understanding?
    And VOB2MPG is not and never has been a "decrypter" or "encoder".
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    What part of DVDIdle hasn't been updated since 2006 are you having trouble understanding?
    And VOB2MPG is not and never has been a "decrypter" or "encoder".
    You don't have to be nasty about it...and as far as VOB2MPG goes,according to their description of/ and why i bought their product is: VOB2MPG converts your DVD to MPG file(s). It goes through a whole DVD VIDEO_TS folder and joins up the various vobsets to produce MPGs for the different titles. It does NOT reconvert the video and audio. Requires .net framework 2.
    VOB2MPG Pro (£12) has more features: Choice of titles to extract, chapters to extract in a title, Ability to re-order chapters, Handle vob id changes in a title, DVD angles, Chapter preview, Audio stream preview and extraction and much more. Sorry for the rant
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    VOB2MPG extracts the video and audio from the VOBs and repackages them into the MPG container. It does not decrypt protected DVDs. If you want to decrypt protected DVDs on the fly, try DVD43 (free) or AnyDVD (not free). Otherwise you have to first rip the disc to your HDD with DVDFab HD Decrypter or similar, then process with VOB2MPG. VOB2MPG has never claimed to decrypt protected discs, and there is nothing in the text you have quoted to suggest otherwise.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote