VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, if this is not the right forum please send it to the right one. i hope you can help me. I have some videos on my home server and play them over network on different players like windows media player on windows, vlc on mac, popcorn hour (mediaplayer - popcornhour.com) and i want to show an image overlay if any player open one of the files. But i dont know how to make it dynamic. The information ist not static and new encoding is not my wish. I want to add a path to the picture and automatic add the overlay to the video. I watch for different ways like transcoding but no luck. If transcoding is a way it must let video size, rate and audio format untouched.

The files who will be played are mkv, avi, ts, wmv with, ac3 and dts sound, size is sd and hd video at max size of 1920x1080p the home server is windows xp 2,6ghz Pentium with 1gb ram. If there is a way with powerfull system upgrade is a way for me.

The information i wish to show is picture. And i need to show the overlay picture if i wish for example 20sec at beginning, and 30 sec at the end. If this can be dynamic wonderfull, if the time to show is static ok, but it is not ok to show at full lenght of video file.

Hope you understand what i try and can help me, thx for every help or tip.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You would have to use a media server tool that supports transcoding and watermarking. Don't know of one off the top of my head. The only other way would be to have a hardware mixer in the loop to genlock an image over the signal as it came through - not very practical. If the files are just sitting on a server, and you are opening them from different locations there there is no way to do what you want without re-encoding all the files with the watermark on them, and if you the path changes, you would have to do it all again
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you want the title and path to appear as an on screen display on the unit playing it? The latest VLCs seem to do that, as for the PopCorn, I don't know.
    Quote Quote