VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When streaming the file to my Xbox I actually could hear and see the video fine, but it was extremely choppy. This particular video is 1080i. What format can I convert it to (WITHOUT quality loss) and play smoothly on the Xbox 360??

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    open vlc and use that to remux the video to mp4 this will not convert the video
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Better yet use ps3mediaserver or tversity to stream. They will transcode it.

Also are you streaming it wirelessly or wired? If you are wireless you could be experiencing buffering issues. If you have a non slim xbox 360 you can get a wireless n adapter now if you have a wireless n router. That should improve your performance. However for maximum consistency you should look into streaming wired over your lan.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. How is transcoding the video "better" than using the original streams?

First and foremost check your nework, if you are using B/G wireless then that is likely to be the cause of the problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mh2360
    How is transcoding the video "better" than using the original streams?
    Better may be the wrong term to use in this instance.

Quicker and more efficient would certainly apply.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote