VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    My Philips 5990 refuses to load some burned DL disks while the same disk will load and play normally in my Sony and Toshiba DVD players. I burn all my disks with Image Burn.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Seems strange, must be the brand of disc, I have never had it reject anything.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Odd thing is it won't play in the 5990 but will in my Philips DVP-5982.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    And you refuse to tell us what brand and type (I mean is it DVD+R DL or DVD-R DL) these discs are because... ? Really, after all your posts and more than 7 years of membership all you've got for us is the newbie "My discs won't play. Why not?" kind of question? Good luck with that. Give us more info if you decide to get serious about help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use only Verbatim DVD+R D/L disks and burn with ImageBurn on a Lite-on burner at 2.4x. I also have a Philips DVP-3982 and it also will not play some D/L disks like the 5990. I think it's a firmware problem with the current series of Philips players since they will play on older Philips models,5982,and my other DVD players.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    And you refuse to tell us what brand and type (I mean is it DVD+R DL or DVD-R DL) these discs are because... ? Really, after all your posts and more than 7 years of membership all you've got for us is the newbie "My discs won't play. Why not?" kind of question? Good luck with that. Give us more info if you decide to get serious about help.
    Wow, did someone pee in your corn flakes today?

Maybe he just forgot?
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I decided to re-author the disk causing the problem this time. It was King Kong Extended Edition,which comes on 2 DVD's.
    This time I used DVD Fab to rip the movie only from each disk. I then re-authored them with TMPEG Author to create one VTS and to edit out the disk change pause. The resulting directory was 7.41GB's,small enough to burn on a DL disk. This disk plays normally on my 5990. The first re-author won't play. I don't remember my exact procedure on the first disk,but it is 7.95GB's indicating that it was over 7.95GB's when TMPEG Author finished and I probably used DVD Shrink to get down to 7.95's. I'm guessing my mistake the first time was to use DVD Shrink. My normal procedure would be to rip both DVD's with DVD Decrypter and re-author with DVD Shrink before going to TMPEG Author,I must have done something wrong the first time to create a directory too large to burn directly.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'd love to help you, mate, but I've not a DL burner, and everything I burn on any kind of disc works Jim-Dandy on my 5990. I'm sure some of the folk in the knnow will help you with this. Best of it, man.
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wanderlustus - thanks for your comment
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Invalid DVD-Video specs on disc, or bad player. First one more likely, and you seem to have tested that theory.
    You've been around long enough to use good media. And you are.
    Quote Quote