VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    The 28 days will have no effect on my wife and I.

She has not been to a movie theater for many years and the only one I have been to lately was with friends to watch the latest Star Treck movie (enjoyable but terrible plot hole).

I have perhaps 10 DVDs - purched two (the rest were gifts).

One, the 12 episode "Adventures of Captain Marvel" serials, I got because someone gave me a gift card and it was the only thing that I could find that I couldn't see somewhere else (and because I wanted to see why it frightened the heck out of me as a child - not sure why after watching it now).

The other is "Star Wars The Phantom Menace" purchased mostly to have something to checkout the DVD player that I was given on retirement.

If I want to see a movie, I wait for it on to appear TV or until a friend offers to loan me his copy to watch.

@ overloaded_ide: found the Get Smart full set for ~$70. My wife and I had enjoyed it some years ago and thought that it would be fun to watch again. We watched three shows a night till finished then gave the set to an on-deployment serviceman who also enjoyed them.

P. S. We don't actually own a TV, we use the analog tuner in a VCR connected to cable and a 14" monitor. Actually, I do most of my TV watching on the computer monitor in a 320 by 240 window (the rest of the screen is used for the Guide plus+ program guide).

When Time Warner drops all analog I'll just use the Magnavox DVR QAM tuner (unless they encrypt the basic channels).
    Last edited by Verify; 23rd Apr 2010 at 17:31.
    Andrew Jackson: "It's a poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
    Quote Quote