I have seen it mentioned before, and now for the life of me, I cannot find it. I have exhausted my search via google and such so now I ask my fellow videoheads-
I had seen how to use mplayer.exe (NOT MENCODER!) to encode with. Now I cannot find that information at all, and I did have it saved on my hard drive that died.
The situation I have is I have a specific vob (1 in 1000 that is like this) that is totally messed up with time stamps, etc.. Opended in VLC it shows 13 minutes duration, opened with mplayer it is 2 hours 11 min, when encoded with ffmpeg, the duration is 3 hours 14 min. I think the mplayer is more on target, so Id like to give it a shot at the encoding with CLI.
Can someone show how to use mplayer to open say a vob and encode with specifying acodec and vcodec, and parameters, etc..??
I know there are a LOT of other options, but this ties into a project Im working on so the CLI parameters are what I am seeking.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Can't help with MPlayer; AFAIK Mencoder is the encoder part of MPlayer, so unless you can use MPlayer as a frameserver you can't use it for encoding.
Have you tried running your messed up VOB through DGMPGDec and then using AVISynth to frameserve it to whatever encoder you are using? I believe that this route might recreate the index that is causing the problems.
Not yet, but that is my next step. That may be what fixes the problem. Thanks for the reply!
MPlayer has a big HTML help file you know.
You probably need something like "mplayer.exe C:\MyMovie.vob -dumpstream -dumpfile C:\MyMovieStream.dump". I'm not sure what will be in the dump file though. You may be able to play it with MPlayer if it looks like an .avi or something.
Your right, it DOES have a huge collection of help text! I think the AC3 is fubar and is causing the progressive sync loss, FFMPEG shows DTS problems during direct encode of the vob.
I have Corel Media Studio doing a transcode now. The D2V/AC3 attempt didnt work out at all.
Damn strange vob problem!
Ill post a follow up later if I come up with a solution.
Heres how I got my totally whacked VOB to MP4, with perfect sync.
DEMUX *BOTH* D2V and AC3 with DGIndex 1.5.3
Crop AC3 with Delaycut 184.108.40.206
Run AC3 through AC3fix (it reported nothing wrong though...)
Encode with FFMPEG using the following CLI:
ffmpeg -i "onevob.ac3" -i "onevob.m2v" -croptop 10 -cropleft 10 -cropright 12 -vcodec libx264 -s 720x480 -b 900k -acodec libfaac -ac 2 -ab 96k -r 20 -ar 44100 -deinterlace -aspect 4:3 -vol 384 -g 20 -y -vpre "e:\ffmp\dan-lossless_ultrafast.ffpreset" "output.mp4"
The preset is one of mine, the g 20 insures good scrubbing, the vol 384 boost the low audio from DVD AC3 streams.
The output views, scubs and sync perfectly! This is the 6th or so solution I tried, even professional programs choked up and only generated a 14k output file.
I hope this helps someone in the future...