VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to burn a movie into a DVD but it doesn't come with the subtitles. I downloaded the .srt file for the movie but I can't find any software that allows you to burn a movie with subtitles selection into the DVD just like the DVDs we buy.

Any suggestions of that software?

PS: I don't want software that needs us to add the subtitle word by word into the movie since I already have the .srt file. And I don't mind paying for that software as long as it suites my needs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What format is the movie ?

If it is an avi/mkv type file then AVStoDVD is free and can add srt subs.

ConvertXtoDVD is not free and can also do it.

If you already have a DVD and just want to add subs it becomes more complicated.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you just want to add subs to an already created DVD, then Baldrick has a guide with 2 different methods of doing it:

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic338721.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by legenderycity
    Any suggestions of that software?
    GfD
    http://download.videohelp.com/gfd/Help/VideoFileDialog.html#Subtitles
    Quote Quote  
  5. I just downloaded the convert x to dvd but I have a problem. The output resolution of the video is only 720x576 when the original resolution is 1920x1080. Any ways to keep the original resolution.

PS:I tried changing the 'DVD Specification' settings but it still doesn't work.

If there is no other way, then is there any DVD burning software that allows you to burn DVD along with subtitles?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Any ways to keep the original resolution.
    No. If you're making DVDs, then it has to be 720x576 (with some other standard-def resolutions allowed). You can't have a DVD and 1920x1080 resolution.
    If there is no other way, then is there any DVD burning software that allows you to burn DVD along with subtitles
    There are plenty. And they'll all make it 720x576.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Is that so? Then can you tell me one of those DVD burning software which can burn DVDs with subtitles?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    legenderycity - You'd really be better off using some kind of media player like one of the Western Digital models that supports high def video and SRT subtitles rather than trying to do conversion to DVD, especially if you think you are going to be watching a lot of high def videos in the future. A Western Digital HD player or similar device should play your video and subtitles without conversion.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    legenderycity - You'd really be better off using some kind of media player like one of the Western Digital models that supports high def video and SRT subtitles rather than trying to do conversion to DVD, especially if you think you are going to be watching a lot of high def videos in the future. A Western Digital HD player or similar device should play your video and subtitles without conversion.
    The Western Digital HD Media Player which costs $130 is just way too expansive. Is there any other brands which plays mkv files in Full HD with subtitles support but costs around $40 to $60?
    Last edited by legenderycity; 30th Jan 2010 at 09:00.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Another way is to use DVDx 4.1 FREE Converter, I wrote a tutorial you get there:
    http://www.labdv.com/dvdx/4.1/docs/burn-subtitles-in-video.php

You can burn DVD/Blu-ray subtitles or Text subtitles downloaded from the Internet (or self made), into any video file (AVI, MP4, MOV etc).

You can also add multiples subtitle track if formats which support it: MKV, MOV, MP4.

Click image for larger version

Name:	burn_subtitles.png
Views:	363
Size:	202.1 KB
ID:	24361
    Quote Quote