VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Team....

i've merged 2 flv videos on the same screen (like a pip effect) thru avisynth script.
    i'm final process to save them as an avi or mp4 file. One of these videos doesn't have sound, can use color RGB format.

Now my question is, what tecnics can i use thru the avisynth or another method to decrease the size of video when i save both flv as one avi file ?

i've added option audio=false when calling one of the videos on the avisynth ... i understand this helps on the final result when converting the video... right ?!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Lower the video bitrate to decrease the file size. What do you use as converter?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I run the avisynth scripts in VirtualDubMod .. Is it a good program to do the conversion ?
    would pls advice ? how to do this ? thanks !!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zsuppguy
    i've added option audio=false when calling one of the videos on the avisynth ... i understand this helps on the final result when converting the video... right ?!
    audio=false makes no difference to the final result in this case since Overlay always ignores the audio from the second video anyway.

You can use VirtualDubMod (or VirtualDub, which is more up-to-date) to save your result. The filesize will be determined by the compression settings you choose. (filesize = bitrate * running time)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    great.. could you tell me pls where do i control the bitrate ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    In the codec settings. In VD, 'Video>Compression>(Your codec)>Configure' Some codecs also have a bitrate calculator to set output size.
    Quote Quote