VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So I have tunebite and was wondering if there was an app that can capture 5.1 audio as well? I've checked the settings and I have recently purchased the latest tunebite 7 but it doesn't seem to have an option to get the digital surround sound.

If there is a multichannel recording option in tunebite 7 please let me know where it is.

If not is there a program similar to tunebite 7 that will capture multichannel audio?

On a side note is there an app that would record bluray and multichannel audio at the same time similar to how tunebite works but for bluray? Thanks.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can't you Decrypt and DeMux the audio?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    BeSweet does AC3 5.1 if I'm not mistaken.... "5 Waves" comes to mind. I did it once or twice. I don't recall finding anything for DTS.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @olyteddy and hech54 - thanks but I'm looking for software that captures while playing. Like I said tunebite does well but does not seem to have a multichannel option. I'd be interested in alternatives. Thanks.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    BUMP!

So is there any update in this area?

I have tunebite but as far as I can tell it can only capture stereo audio. I want to be able to capture 5.1 audio that is playing from purchased videos I've downloaded and convert to other formats while retaining 5.1 audio.

I do have a hauppauge hd pvr BUT the only computer I have that is strong enough to use it and to playback the video is the same computer. In theory I could easily play the video and 5.1 on computer 1 and capture to the hauppauge hd pvr on computer 2. But my only other computer is a weak single core computer that doesn't have fiber optic out and isn't strong enough to playback hd video.

I want an in software option to capture and convert video that I've purchased online so I can convert it to another format. Is this possible? Or is it going to be locked in the player and not convertible?

I know they used to have that software to crack the files and convert without doing realtime playback. However I think all of that is out the window with zillions of updates since that was doable.

And like I said this is for video that has been purchased, I just want to convert to another format while keeping 5.1.

Thanks.
    Thanks.....
    Quote Quote  
  6. If you're just talking about multitrack audio capture, the freeware Audacity will record all the tracks you need. But how you then put them into a 5.1 configuration, I really don't know. (And I don't know how you plan on getting all those tracks into your computer, unless you're planning on using a Presonus FP-10 or something similar.)

Does this address your question?
    Quote Quote