VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. we are broadcasting a live event for 5 hours. Normally we recorded it on a dvd recorder, but thats not available at that time.
    Now i have recorded more dv video simply via quicktime pro on a mac. Now i thought id install quicktime pro on my windows laptop and record to a ext usb disk, but the record video option is not available in quicktime pro.
    what simple utility can i use to capture the dv video via firewire tomy windows laptop
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sander815
    we are broadcasting a live event for 5 hours. Normally we recorded it on a dvd recorder, but thats not available at that time.
    Now i have recorded more dv video simply via quicktime pro on a mac. Now i thought id install quicktime pro on my windows laptop and record to a ext usb disk, but the record video option is not available in quicktime pro.
    what simple utility can i use to capture the dv video via firewire tomy windows laptop
    WinDV will do what you want. Capture stability to an external USB2 drive depends on your laptop specs and lack of background processes. You might want to create a different user profile for DV capture (no antivirus, no disk indexing or other background processes). You can also increase the priority for the USB2 software disk controller and IEEE-1394 capture process.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote