1) How to select language while playing DVD folder?
I make a new folder "DVD Movie 1" in my USB flash drive and copied the all the .BUP, .IFO, .VOB......from the VIDEO_TS folder to the "DVD Movie 1" folder, so now in my USB flash drive I have a folder with the name "DVD Movie 1" and inside all those .BUP, .IFO, .VOB files.
a) WDTV LIVE wouldn't not automatically play the folder, however it will play the movie if I manually select VTS_02_1.VOB, did I do something wrong? or do I need to have the name "VIDEO_TS" as folder name?
b) I forgot which file I clicked in that "DVD Movie 1" folder, but I saw the menu which gave me the option to choose the language "German" or "English" , but how do you select "English"? the WDTV LIVE remote kept giving me the "Red circle" NO option/ or not applicable? the up/down arrows on the remote would not go up/down on the German/English menu?
I just got this for like 2 hrs and have it connected to the old regular tube TV, do I need to mess with the default settings?
2) I connect (all wired) the WDTV LIVE to a Giga switch and then to Linksys WRT54GL (running Tomato FW), I can see the WDTV LIVE under "device list" in the Tomato status page, now is it possible to block WDTV LIVE from connecting to the internet? either thru the Tomato FW/Linksys router or thru the firewall in Windows 7 x64?
3) Current FW on the unit is 1.01.10, should I update the FW to the latest available one - 1.01.11?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Originally Posted by tigerb
I don't know about the Subtitles question
Find out what ports the WDTV takes when it goes out onto the internet and block it in your router for that mac layer address. My guess is port 80 and maybe 21"Quality is cool, but don't forget... Content is King!"
Thank you Soopafresh
MakeMKV is great (didn't know such thing existed before, lol)...now I can see what's in the folder and once I deselected the Audio - German, it now automatically plays in English and I also do not need to include Title 2 and 3, since they are both trailers. From a VIDEO_TS folder with 30 .BUP, .IFO, .VOB files to a single .mkv file, this is really something :P .
Is there similar program like this? cause this one only gonna good for 60 days....
Thanks again and best regards.
Originally Posted by MJA
Beta version restrictions
MakeMKV BETA has several major restrictions.
* Program is time-limited -- it will stop functioning after 60 days. You can always download the latest version from makemkv.com that will reset the expiration date.
* HD-DVD support in beta version is limited - some discs may fail to open and not all audio and subtitle tracks will be preserved.
* Blu-ray and DVD discs are fully supported.
* Computer administrator privileges are required to run the beta version. This is limitation of Windows SCSI application programming interface. The full version of MakeMKV will not require administrator privileges to run.
I'm a lazy person, lol....once I found a good working solution/software, I tend to stick with it and I do not want to update/upgrade unnecessarily, unless it no longer meets my needs.
Adobe is always updating it's Flash product and some software as long as you don't upgrade/update...will not have or are not bounded by the "new" security rules by the new Flash, which makes some older software more valuable/capable than the newer/updated/upgraded one...this is just another reason why :P
MakeMKV is supposedly going to be shareware when they're done with the beta cycle.
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=658If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?