VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just started trying to rip Blu Ray discs and am using RipBot264...
    The first movie I tried worked great, and gave me a nice output file for a 98 minute film that was about 10GB and the quality was great.
    I tried to rip Star Trek I last night, which is 132 minutes long and, when using the standard 4.0 bluray, consoles profile on QC=22 and 5.1 audio, the output was 2.4GB!! The resulting file had a bitrate of about 2200 kbps...

Now, oddly enough, the video looks pretty good as far as I can tell...but I cannot for the life of me figure out why it would be a quarter the size of a movie that was more than 30 minutes shorter.

Any thoughts?
    Quote Quote  
  2. CQ = Constant Quality factor. So it does not mean constant bitrate/size! Every movie is different. Static movies do not require high bitrate because they are easier to compress. Also movies with wider aspect ratio (2:35 , 2:40) will need less bitrate than regular 16:9! 1920x1080 vs 1920x816. Less pixels to encode = lower bitrate. If quality is ok so be happy and do not complain about saved size!
    Quote Quote