VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to create some movies for streaming with DSS but I need to create the mp4 video with mencoder and then mux it with mp4creator to add the hinting. I haven't been able to compile the source. Does anyone have a binary of mp4creator ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by pawzlion View Post
    I'm trying to create some movies for streaming with DSS but I need to create the mp4 video with mencoder and then mux it with mp4creator to add the hinting. I haven't been able to compile the source. Does anyone have a binary of mp4creator ?
    Download the latest SVN version from http://mp4creator.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mp4creator/

Click on the "Download GNU Tarball" link, and unpack.

Navigate to the "trunk" folder, and run: sh cvs_bootstrap then make.

AIR.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Airr View Post
    Download the latest SVN version from http://mp4creator.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mp4creator/

Click on the "Download GNU Tarball" link, and unpack.

Navigate to the "trunk" folder, and run: sh cvs_bootstrap then make.
    FYI, this does not work in Mac OS X 10.8.2 with XCode 4.5.2.

This the error I'm getting with the current nightly:

Code:
    % sh -x cvs_bootstrap
    + glibtool --version
    + libtool --version
    libtool: unknown option character `-' in: --version
    Usage: libtool -static [-] file [...] [-filelist listfile[,dirname]] [-arch_only arch] [-sacLT]
    Usage: libtool -dynamic [-] file [...] [-filelist listfile[,dirname]] [-arch_only arch] [-o output] [-install_name name] [-compatibility_version #] [-current_version #] [-seg1addr 0x#] [-segs_read_only_addr 0x#] [-segs_read_write_addr 0x#] [-seg_addr_table <filename>] [-seg_addr_table_filename <file_system_path>] [-all_load] [-noall_load]
    + echo 'libtool does not appear to be installed.'
    libtool does not appear to be installed.
    + echo 'Please install it and then rerun this script.'
    Please install it and then rerun this script.
    + exit 1
    I can't be fsck'd to sort this out, as this is definitely a timesink, but I imagine it's possibly a Darwin/GNU libtool-invocation difference.

All I really want for Christmas is an OSX binary of mp4creator. Any other suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I just created an installer package from the latest svn source. Built on OSX 10.8.2 as 64bit.

Package includes the program binaries, include files, and dylibs so it should be usable for development purposes also.

I didn't fully test, but it seems to work ok.

Package is attached, please try it and let me know if it works for you.

Thanks,

AIR.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Much obliged! Seems to work fine. Thank you for the early Christmas present.
    Quote Quote