Im wanting to convert my VOB files into very high quality MKV files. Basically my anime dvd's 20 minute episodes at a size limit max 230MB per episode.

The only program I have found so far to convert VOB to MKV easily and without alot of hassle is Handbrake. Ive been having a few problems with it though and need a bit of help. First off I want to check my settings out and see if you can give me better settings than what Im currently using. If you could explain why you say I should change a certain setting that would great as well that way I understaNd what the setting is for and capable of a little better I hope.

I have all the available settings possible in that handbrake program and the settings I have selected for mine on 4 screenshots. See if you can take a quick look for me and tell me my flaw in my choice of selections perhaps? Or possibly give a suggestion or two? I didnt bother to show audio, subtitles, or chapters tabs because their irrelevant I believe. Its video issue

Ive resized the video to 640 x 480 keeping the aspect ratio. I didnt choose strict, loose or custom anamorphic because strict made it the default source size 720 x 480 and it was all stretched looking. Loose, I never tried, and custom was just a couple extra options that the selection "none" blanked out thats all.

I dont have any filters on at the moment but they give fast, slow, slower, and custom for deinterlace. and custom, default for detelecine. I have no clue what decomb is, and denoise I dont believe is needed.

my chosen video codec (x264) and the framerate I picked (Same as source) maybe thats a bad pick?? I also wanted it to automatically make best quality it could at the limited size I mentioned thats why I didnt pick average bitrate or constant quality.

I dont really get what these do, if you hold the mouse over them a detailed description comes up. I can give the description about a selection if needed.

My second and last problem is this.
https://forum.videohelp.com/topic377726.html