VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been ripping my small collection on blu ray films to my pc to use as a media server using anydvd to rip the blu rau and then ripbot to convert to .mkv. As expected the process is slow even on my Q6600 chip usually taking between 6 and 8 hours for an average length film.

After recently deciding to go down the blu ray drive as oposed to the standalone player and not knowing anything about the HDCP protection I had to blow out on a new graphics card (ATI HD 5770). One thing that interested me in the specs to this card was the stream technology allowing the GPU to share some of the load in tasks such as encoding video.

Does anyone know if this is possible and how I would go about it or is it somthing the program I am using (ripbot) needs to be programmed for?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Ripbot(it uses x264 encoder) does not support any graphics card hardware encoding.

Cyberlink MediaShow Espresso supports it but it would be tricky with a blu-ray source.
    Quote Quote  
  3. MediaCoder, Badaboom, ATI AVIVO Video Converter, etc. Don't expect greate quality out of them.
    Quote Quote