I have a DVD-R of a TV recording. The DVD plays on insert but has a menu (pressing the menu button produces a menu on my set-top DVD player and on Apple's DVD player). I know that I can fix this in MyDVDEdit so the menu appears on insert, but I don't know what to do. Can someone help me with this? Here is a screenshot of my current settings according to MyDVDEdit.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Don't use MyDVDEdit, but it is a User Operand flag you need to set
that will prohibit skipping the Menu and/or set the Menu to be
"First Play" upon insertion of the DVD.
Start in the Prohibited User Operations tab there ( as per your screen shot)
and see if something exists there..."Everyone has to learn, so that they can one day teach."
When I'm not here, Where can I be found?
Urban Mac User
Thanks for the replies. I do not see any information listed in the First Play section. Here are the 3 screen shots:
That's the problem. You should have something.
I you don't, the result depends on the player.
- Some players execute VMG Menu Title
- Some ones run Title 1
- and some ones (the majority) crash.
Add the Jump VMG Menu title in First Play, and all should be fine.
- Select the First Play PGC in the top-left list
- Select the First Play vertical tab
- Select the Pre-cmds tab
- Clic on the + button under the command list
- Clic on the small triangle button to edit the new command
- Change the command type from Nop to Jump/Call
- Change the command from Nop to Jump VMG Menu title
- Clic on the triangle to close the command editor
- Burn the DVD
Maybe the read of my tutorial would help you to understand how DVDs and myDVDEdit works