VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been having some issues with the MMC software. What I would like to do is uninstall everything and re-install from the CD. I know I can use the uninstall tool obviously, but it still leaves traces on the computer. I want as clean of an uninstall as possible. While searching in cyberspace, I found this guide geared toward ATI products in general. Are these generally good recommendations? The guide isn't specific to the ATI AIW 9600. Any other suggestions for a clean uninstall?

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=33606840
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    That guide is pretty old and may predate your particular version of MMC. You'll just have to try it and see if it works. The actions it recommends seem reasonable to me and should work, but I can't give you a 100% assurance that it will get everything or that you won't make a mistake and damage your PC. Do regedit stuff at your own risk.

I'm not particularly fond of ATI products and I don't recommend them. Hauppauge is a lot more user friendly.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There are two older programs I used years ago that were geared to removing ATI stuff off your computer that worked quite well for me. They were "cat-uninstaller.exe" and "nfr_072.exe" =nasty file remover. I don't know how well they will work in with your newer card.
    Quote Quote  
  4. That guide is good, I don't recommend using the software uninstall utility in ADD/Remove Programs or cat_uninstaller.exe because it might trigger Windows Product Activation. I uninstall the MMC first(without rebooting) then the CCC(without rebooting) and the display drivers last(then reboot).
    After rebooting I run a registry cleaner such as Eusing.
    Quote Quote