VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Does anybody know a way to contact the developer / webmaster of the XviD4PSP website? An email address? I'd like to tell them it's crappy They should change it and make it accessible to anyone; i.e those who don't use Silverlight.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by leghorn
    Does anybody know a way to contact the developer / webmaster of the XviD4PSP website? An email address? I'd like to tell them it's crappy They should change it and make it accessible to anyone; i.e those who don't use Silverlight.
    It is accessible to anyone, simply locate XviD4PSP in the Tools section then click on the direct download link or download beta.
    You don't have to use the download link from the author's site.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I know I just wanted to tell the developers how smelly their website is since it positively requires Silverlight.
    Das Leben ist eine Nebelwand voller Rasierklingen. (C. Bukowski)
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can try through the forum, http://forum.winnydows.com/ . And nope, it doesn't require silverlight.

But I guess they already know that we all hate silverlight. .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Doesn't require SL? How come? Just tried to enter the site (http://www.winnydows.com) and got told to install SL

Forums work fine...they were told that SL sucks in November already...I think they don't really care about that. It hasn't changed yet
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use Silverlight as it's required by Netflix to view their streaming video feeds, but I don't know why anyone would use it on a website as it just slows access, and unless they need the security of encrypted video, it seems useless when used that way.

And their forum doesn't require SL, just the winnydows.com webpage.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, a lot of people view it as a 'Flash alternative,' so they'll happily create everything in SL as they would in Flash.

leghorn: Yeah, I believed Baldrick meant that the forums didn't require Silverlight, too.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's a nice video conversion tool, created with much effort but offered to others at no expense whatsoever -- and yet someone will still find something to gripe about.

No good deed goes unpunished.
    Quote Quote