VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I am trying to edit some home movies I have on DVD, well not edit..basically I want to remove all the audio and replace it with another audio file of the same length.

Here is the problem...when importing the DVD in TDA the video shows and plays as a black screen...I can hear the source audio but the video only shows black. Is there a codec I need to install for TDA to play the video preview and burn the new movie?

I dont want to spend the time burning the movie to have it play a black screen in my DVD player. Has anyone had this problem before with TDA?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you watch your dvd on your computer with powerdvd or windvd or another software dvd player?If not then you need to install one of them to see if the dvd plays ok.Also you can try media player classic home cinema.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can watch the dvd with Media player, VLC, PoverDVD etc...it's just TDA that has a problem. I tried installing MPeg2 codecs but that didn't help either.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you are talking about the edit screen (where you set chapter marks, etc.), right click on the monitor and uncheck USE HIGH SPEED DISPLAY MODE.

Hope this helps.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I right clicked but dont have an option for USE HIGH SPEED DISPLAY MODE
    Quote Quote  
  6. TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4.0.12.42

I was having the SAME problem with the "Black Screen", this is how I solved it:

First, I installed "FFDSHOW 1.3.4504 [2013-03-12]" for "ALL" your CODEC!!

You can access the cut-edit stage by clicking on the "Cut-edit" button located on the top part of the Clip editor window, Right click on the "Black Screen" and Uncheck--->Display in a video overlay. If you did it correctly, you should be able to "Watch" your Clip/ Movie.

This is the DEFAULT setup:

1. Display at source size [ Unchecked ]
    2. Display at window size [ checked ]
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    3. Display at original aspect ratio [ Unchecked ]
    4. Display at corrected aspect ratio [ checked ]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    5. Display in a video overlay [ checked ] CHANGE to [ Unchecked ]
    6. Display on progressive mode [ checked ]
    7. Display on low quality mode [ checked ] CHANGE to [ Unchecked ] for ("High Quality")
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8. Display settings
    ----------------------------------------------
    9. Save current frame in picture file
    10. Copy current frame to a clipboard
    ----------------------------------------------

Finally, Your screen should be working correctly, DONE!!

HuGo BoSs [04.03.2013]
    Quote Quote