VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded avidemux I thought it was a gui for encoding x264 and such and so I was reading halfway through this:

http://mulder.dummwiedeutsch.de/pub/x264/

and then I decided to install, and I couldn't find any of those options it talked about in the program, I tried looking everywhere :S Not sure if I installed it wrong or something...

Anyway, what is the best current x264 gui out there that stays up to date and stable with customizable options like megui had, I'm wanting to encode to movs/flv/mp4 mostly (I hate command line stuff btw lol)

Handbrake, Xvid4PSP, StaxRip, RipBot264, FairUse Wizard, MEGUI. These are the current ones I seen listed on videohelp

Also I'm on Windows 7 64bit, incase one of those don't work well with the OS
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    In avidemux under Video choose MPEG-4 AVC(x264) and click Configure and you can configre all options.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've been recommending staxrip, because it has the DivX Plus preset, which is H.264/AAC/MKV within our device profile via x264, but the files will also play well in other MKV streamers. You also have the ability to customize and target other devices in staxrip.
    You'll find me at:
    DivX Labs and the DivX Developer Portal
    Follow us on Twitter: @DivXLabs
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    In avidemux under Video choose MPEG-4 AVC(x264) and click Configure and you can configre all options.

https://forum.videohelp.com/images/guides/p2033396/avidemux.gif
    Oh geez, I feel stupid now, I had played with format button but didn't touch that one or notice it somehow. Thanks for that.

avidemux is also a gui for x264 right? It doesn't list it on this site but it has all the options

Also is there any of these guis that convert to .mov I didn't see the option in avidemux, I'd like to stream .movs on a site
    Quote Quote