VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I've been doing a lot of reading on this site, and I've learned a lot. But I think it's time to just ask this question. I have Angels and Demons on Blu-Ray. I've used MakeMKV, Ripbot264, BR-Rebuilder, and Handbrake. I rip the entire movie using AnyDVD HD. From there, all I want to be able to do is just have the movie, keep it in FULL 1080p, and have forced subtitles. The size of the file is not an issue for me. I can always buy more HDD if I need more space.

I like MakeMKV, because it doesn't compress the file, so there is no loss of quality (at least that's what I think is happening), but I can't get forced subtitles with MakeMKV.

I like BR-Rebuilder since it gives me the option to keep forced subtitles on, along with keeping just the main title. However, I don't want it to shrink the file and have loss of quality, and there is no option for me to just have it do it's thing without telling it to output it in a certain size.

I liked Ripbot264, but the only problem I had with that is if once in a while I wanted to convert one of the blu-rays or even my normal DVDs to MP4 to play it on the AppleTV, and I would select the "Apple TV" preset, the movie looks horrible on the Apple TV. It's blurry, lagging, exploded pixels. But for some odd reason, when I use the pre-set "Apple TV" in Handbrake (0.9.4), load it to the Apple TV, it works perfectly. Also, it would be compressing the file, and I'd prefer a uncompressed file to prevent loss of quality.

I prefer not to use Handbrake, because for me, at least, it's very unstable on my Windows 7 x64.

So, my question is, does any one know a way, program(s), tips, advice - where I can just take my ripped Blu-Ray and have it be converted it to full 1080p WITH forced subtitles and WITHOUT any quality loss?

Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use MakeMKV as usual and then rip the subtitles separate, see https://forum.videohelp.com/topic376803.html . Then add the srt or sub/idx to the mkv using mkvtoolnix.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Use MakeMKV as usual and then rip the subtitles separate, see https://forum.videohelp.com/topic376803.html . Then add the srt or sub/idx to the mkv using mkvtoolnix.
    Thanks for the help. I have another question. When I scan for subtitles for Angels & Demons, I get a ton of subtitle files to pick from. Is there a program that can show me which subtitles are the forced ones so I can just extract them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. O.K, First off you need java runtime installed properly then download bdsup2sub.jar it should work by double clicking. In A blu-ray, the forced sub(if it has one) is hidden in the hd/dts audio track pgs #o Uncompressed (if choosing english). so use tsmuxer to demux audio track from blu-ray after decrypting (needs dvdfab passkey 1month free trial to decrypt blu-ray) then demux that audio track again and you get a .sup file.....load this into bdsup2sub and dont mess with any settings.. simply go to file and check off export forced subs choose destination and the resulting file should now be only forced(again only if that movie even has it, if it doesn't it will be the same). if you want it hardcoded(permanently on) use A different program(handbrake i think!) so add this new file to tsmuxer just like any pgs and label it english by highlighting it and scrolling. mux back into a blu-ray folder with other UNCOMPRESSED AUDIO AND VIDEO. BURN FOLDER/CERTIFICATE TO ISO IMAGE FILE WITH IMGBURN Or THIS CAN BE BURNED TO APPROPIATE size blu-ray. iso can be virtually mounted with dvdfab virtual drive(free) and played on dvdfab media player iso playing is always free after trial. it does play blu-rays well even on average pc's. Hope This Helps.
    Quote Quote