VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all

I'm going to start copying all of my DVDs across to a media PC I'm going to build and need some help

I want to create Xvid or Divx .avi files of each disc with the menus intact, but I don't know how to do this.

I've used plenty of applications to actually rip the disc across to my HDD with Audio and Video sub folders intact, or as an ISO file, but where do I go from here? How do I convert either of these two formats into an .avi shell with the DVD menus intact?

And why isn't there one program that can do all of this instead of lots of smaller ones for each stage of the process? I would pay for software that could do it all (rip, remove copy protection, convert to .avi with all menus)

Cheers
    Search Comp PM
    You can't because avi doesn't support any menus.

You can create a .divx with menus but you have to do everything manually using a divx author tool. But way too much work.

I would instead rip to an dvd iso and get a media player that supports that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would just invest in several external terabyte drives and make ISO files, then just play them on the media PC usin the VLC Player. It plays ISO images just fine.
    You are in breach of the forum rules and are being banned. Do not post false information.
    /Moderator John Q. Publik
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you both for your quick responses.

That.. well.. sucks though!!

Someone needs to make software to do this.. ASAP!

Myself and I'm sure many others would happily pay for it

A fantastic program that I recommend to all. Think iTunes but for films instead of music. It's a plugin for WMC.