VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello
    I am not technical but I have, what I think, is a unique requirement. Weekly my band rehearses in an industrial unit that has internet access. What we want is to have the entire rehearsal available for viewing to anyone by going to a website. What type of hardware, software, services, would be required to make this happen? What we ultimately want for example, is a fan goes to the band website and would be able to watch and hear us rehearse live in real time. Also, as a bonus, we would like to be able to provide the option for the fan to type feedback to us which we could view in real time. I'm not so concerned about the quality for now. Just reasonable video with sound will suffice at this time. Thanks in advance.
    J
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if you don't have your own website then you are going to have to use a live streaming service. this is just one you could check out.
    http://www.ustream.tv/get-started
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by aedipuss
    if you don't have your own website then you are going to have to use a live streaming service. this is just one you could check out.
    Thank you for the info. I will check this out. I do however have my own website and would like the website to be the interface.
    J
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by johnkfraser
    Originally Posted by aedipuss
    Thank you for the info. I will check this out. I do however have my own website and would like the website to be the interface.
    J
    Looks like I stumped you all. Might be not possible yet?
    J
    Quote Quote  
  5. I believe you can embed the Ustream.tv or Stickam.com videos into your own website. This would be the simplest method. Heck, if you have an iPhone 3G or 3GS, you can stream directly from the camera using the Ustream Broadcaster app!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Sure almost anything is possible if you are willing to pay $ for it.

Live is much more expensive to do. It requires realtime encoding, software , such as adobe flash media live encoder, and a rtsp feed for your internet. Most ISP's charge a lot for true streaming, many times more MB - check with your ISP and webhost if they even support this. If you only have 1 or 2 fans, it's affordable, but the more people that tune in , the price jumps up exponentially. HD is even more expensive, because of the high data rates needed to sustain. For these reasons most live feeds are very tiny, standard definiton, low quality.

The other option is much less expensive. Offline "Progressive download" which is what most people use. It' s not true streaming, but most websites use this format. Youtube, vimeo, facebook,blip.tv use a variations of it. This is offline, so would record & edit your session, then upload it. There are even free hosting sites like vimeo, youtube, which have a comments section and free HD. Most of them have "paid" features which allow upgraded features, such as your own channel. Some even make money off advertisements and revenue sharing. If you search , many "indy" or startup bands use this as a low cost alternative.

Eitherway, you still need a videocamera with HDMI or HD-SDI out if you want live feed, computer, live encoding software if you want live feed, and ISP with webhost that can provide those services
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You know you can stream with VideoLan

Like with the playlist and all.
    If you had videos you could have like a live showing.

or just go live ounce and a while

Have it directly connected to your computer and internet
    Does Youtube have a Live feature?
    Because this can be very simple and easy if you have an internet connection.
    But yes Dedicated is going to get complicated.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have had success with audiovideoweb.com. You'll need a computer, internet connection, audio/video capture card and encoding software. I used Windows Media Encoder 9, but you could use their built in Flash encoder. It was much less expensive than I had anticipated and their tech support was great. They'll give you a link to your live broadcast which you can embed on your site. The process was simple even for a newbie like me. Good luck!
    Quote Quote