VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, pls help! I have recorded a disc DVD+R on a LG RC388 DVD/VHS recorder. It contains 4 recordings, I have seen the first two. They were OK (LP). When I stopped the last recording (55 min), the disc came out and went in again. Now I cannot play the disc. Is the content lost? Probably the disc should be finished. No player will read it. It wont play in a computer. Are there techniques availabele to restore the disc?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is the disc finalized?
    Quote Quote  
  3. No
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The machine won't finalize it?
    Quote Quote  
  5. In that case it is not finalized!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ProfHiggins
    In that case it is not finalized!
    Then finalize it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Well I would have done that if the commands have been available. That is the problem. During the time the DVD-recorder analyses the disc (ca 2 min) no commands are available and when the DVD-recorder is ready with the analysis the disc is thrown out.

If I try to put it in a computer, the computer does not even recognize that there is a disc in the driver box.

So, are there any techniques that can play a disc that apparently has some limitations in the "administrative center"?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Try IsoBuster, if the DVD was recorded in VR mode then you have to buy the full version.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    See http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/showthread.php/recover-video-unfinalized-1397.html

This isn't restoring video. This is a media topic (finalizing DVDs).
    Quote Quote  
  10. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving you to our Media Forum.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If the DVD recorder that made the disc can't read it, or your first attempt at finalization failed, don't try to finalize it. If you do that and the data on the disc isn't already unrecoverable, doing that could make it unrecoverable.

The free version of ISOBuster could show one track or multiple tracks on the disc. If there are multiple tracks, the largest will one(s) contain the audio and video data you want to recover.

CDRoller and ISO Puzzle are other data recovery programs to try on a problem disc.
    Quote Quote