VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello!
    I searched around, and either I suck at analyzing results or nobody has had this issue.
    Installing on admin account of 10.6.2, with FFmpegX's mpeg2enc, mencoder, and mplayer located properly.
    However, immediately after hitting Install, the error "##mkdir: /usr/local/lib: File exists" appears, and installation fails.
    It's a pity the install script was saved as read-only, or I would have gone there to try and fix this.

Solution suggestions?

I'm really just looking to have a good (ideally batch) audio from video container extractor.
    That is, input a bunch of mp4 files, get a bunch of mp3 (for instance). The video or audio formats are not really important.
    My current desire involves converting a pile of flv videos to mp4 (done with handbrake) and also getting the audio track alone (looking to FFmpeg for this).
    If you have a better solution than FFmpegX, I'd be glad to hear that too, though I do so like to solve things for the understanding benefit.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by PhantomAGN
    or nobody has had this issue.
    I do not recall this issue ever mentioned before. I have a "/usr/local/lib" folder, and the installer doesn't bark at me for it. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
    It may be worth a shot to Repair Permissions with Disk Utility, just to be sure that such isn't causing this weird behavior.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    This is a Unix error message and it appears that from your computer details that you are on a Mac. I'd have to see the script itself to know what's going on. It sounds like a badly written script that is stopping dead because it's too stupid to conceive of the possibility of the directory already existing. A properly written script would test for the directory first and then try to create it only if it didn't exist. You'll need to get Mac specific help on this. I have a Mac on loan and I don't use it for any video work, so I can't help you here. I'm sure that your problem can be fixed, but you're going to either have to cough up the entire script so someone like me can take a look at it or you're going to need to talk to someone more familiar with Mac issues involving FFmpegX.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, in an unfortunate turn of fate, my laptop lost everything today.
    I've got timemachine backups from a week ago, and I rescued a lot by firewire.
    We shall see if I get errors in a blank system, but not after I see Apple about this.

(Hey kids, don't try to re-skin the menubar with 10.4 skinning programs! I got what I deserved.)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i got the same problemand found this solution= 1) find the usr repertory making it visible with onyx 2) navigate to it using the go to repertory command 3) inside this folder there is a sub-subfolder called lib; i saw that this subfolder was forbidden to access & i changed that: after this ffmeg error message disappeared; i think that some other applications (audacity???) use the same folder and that is the origin for the problem.
    Quote Quote