VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Alright, I am sorry to touch a topic lots of people apparently have had problems with before. But all the topics I found were about muxing it to an mp4 file or something like that.

I do not care about remuxing it, nor about the audio. All I want to do is to remove the subs WITHOUT conversion, so I can play the seperate .mkv files in Final Cut. I have experienced that I can play textless mkvs perfectly fine in FC so I figured it is simply due to the subs that I can't use them.

Anyway, I have been looking around on the internet but wasn't really successful. I found a hint to use imkvextract but when I downloaded it it wouldn't work. Not sure if it is because it works only on ppc (I have an Intel Macbook OS 10.4.2) or (I am assuming that) I am actually missing a program or something to make that work lol

Anyway, I really beg for your help, I used to convert my mkv's using avidemux to lossless Huffies, but my external Harddrive is STUFFED; so I need to find another option. Please, help me. For everything that includes using the terminal:
    I am a bit... helpless in that aspect, so please, please explain carefully.
    Thank you very much!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have Rosetta installed? If you do, you can use PPC-only apps.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could try MKVToolnix (it has a Mac GUI app in the "second package", which installs as MkvMerge.app) to de-select and remove any stream that you don't want, and re-save the file as .mkv.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Case
    You could try MKVToolnix (it has a Mac GUI app in the "second package", which installs as MkvMerge.app) to de-select and remove any stream that you don't want, and re-save the file as .mkv.
    WOW, this was awfully easy lol Thank you so much, no problems at all it worked perfectly!!

@AiHaibara: No, I don't have Rosetta installed, but thank you as well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Also, if you ever want to just completely demux an MKV on Mac, I use iMkvExtract, which is just a Mac GUI for MkvExtract:
    http://imkvextract.mac.findmysoft.com/

It'll output the .h264, .aac, .srt and other attachments in case you want to do any individual edit on just one attachment (e.g. boost audio before a re-mux).
    You'll find me at:
    DivX Labs and the DivX Developer Portal
    Follow us on Twitter: @DivXLabs
    Quote Quote