VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys,
    I tried to backup some of my Blu-rays in MKV files. I Just want the orginal quality and the best german and english audio stream on it. With AC3 audio streams I have no problems but if the Blu-ray contains a DTS Master the sound stream I get is a Wave file. But when I mux the two wave audio streams I don't get a working MKV file. When I play the video with Media Player Classic I cant switch audio streams nor do I have a working audio stream.
    Do I have to convert the wave in a DTS file? If thats the problem which program do I have to use to lose no quality?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What tools are you using? tsmuxer, mkvtoolnix?

I think you can use eacto to convert to dts or ac3.
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    eac3to can also convert to FLAC.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm using Ripbot to get the video and audio stream. Then I mux it with MKVtoolnix. Is it not possible to have a wave audio stream in a mkv which is played correctly or is the mistake somewhere else?
    When I converting the wave with eac3to am I losing quality then? Because my goal is to keep the original quality alive.
    Quote Quote  
  5. MKVToolNix supports DTS-MA now; perhaps you are using an older build? You can just re-wrap the original audio, no re-encoding

FLAC is a good alternative as suggested above; it's lossless, and you get a bit of compression to boot. It's also supported by more players, some don't support DTS-MA
    Quote Quote