VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

My wmv file has 2 video streams, as shown below in the screenshot from VLC Codec info and MediaInfo. When I try to play it in VLC/MPlayer or WMP 9, I can just hear the audio, NO video. Can you pls let me know how to play the video content too. Thanks.

Regards,
    Karthik[/img]

picture3.png
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Standard WMP (since v7) is built to ONLY show 1 video stream, with the ?? assumption that the only time 2 streams would be needed would be in multi-bitrate streaming scenarios. Of course, you know what happens when you ASSUME.

So, just use a multi-stream aware app. Normally, VLC should place multi-stream files, but it could be balking because of the VC1 codec...I dunno.

No matter, a smart choice is Peter Wimmer's Stereoscopic Player http://www.3dtv.at/Downloads/Index_en.aspx. Assuming (there we go again) you HAVE the VC1 codec installed, and with the understanding that it WON'T play encrypted/DRM'd streams, you should have no problems. PM me if you do...

Scott

EDIT:>>>
    The player mentioned above is share/crippleware. It can be used unlicensed mode, but only plays back 5 minutes worth. I forgot to mention that because I have had a licensed copy for about 4-5 years now. It's worth it.
    Quote Quote