VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone new here so please excuse my ignorance. I did some research on this site and didnt see my problem so here we go. First let me start off by saying that i need to move my videos from my internal hard drive on my PC to my external hard drive. The camcorder that i used to shoot the fotage with is a sony dcr-sr82. Its a great cam. I download all my video to the provided soft wear picture motion browser. I tried to right click it and it says and i quote "Medial files in formats that cannot be exported are selected. Only JPEG files supporting Exif can be exported." end quote. I have a western digital external hard drive. please help me ive been wrking this problem for two months i have posted on at least 5 other forums but no one seems to be able to help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What is your OS? What happens if you try to "drag and drop" anyway? What are the file extensions?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I don't like proprietary software(especially Sony) that transfers video, I recommend using drag and drop or a card reader to transfer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lowellriggsiam
    What is your OS? What happens if you try to "drag and drop" anyway? What are the file extensions?
    My operating system is windows xp i know hah i can drag and drop but i cant get them to play on anytype of player.File extension are MPEG2.
    Quote Quote  
  5. File extension shows what format it is(ex: song.MP3,movie.MPG,photo.JPG). If you can't see the extension then go to Explore->Tools->Folder Options->View and untick "hide extensions.....".
    Use Mediainfo in tree view to check properties.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MOVIEGEEK
    File extension shows what format it is(ex: song.MP3,movie.MPG,photo.JPG). If you can't see the extension then go to Explore->Tools->Folder Options->View and untick "hide extensions.....".
    Use Mediainfo in tree view to check properties.
    yea i figured out that its MPEG2 now what do i do?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Try to play them with MPCHC.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    im updating windows media player to c if that wrks if not then i will try that one
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try to play them with MPCHC.
    i updated windows media player but that didnt help any. I downloaded MPCHC but i cant get it to wrk. I unziped but nothing is happening. sry im not a puter wiz.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by medicaldawg
    Try to play them with MPCHC.
    i updated windows media player but that didnt help any. I downloaded MPCHC but i cant get it to wrk. I unziped but nothing is happening. sry im not a puter wiz.
    I still cant get the files for mpchc to open please help
    Quote Quote