VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've got a DVD (Heat, if you're interested) with terrible sound mastering - the range is so wide that a volume level with audible dialog produces ear-rending explosions, gunshots, etc. This is one of my favorite flicks and the sound just bugs the hell out of me so much that I'd like to fix it. I know how to rip the title out of the DVD, pull out the AC3 stream, remaster that, and rebuild the mpg appropriately. But I'd like to do that in such a way that preserves the original menus, chapters, etc. from the original disc. That part I need some help with. Any suggestions? I've done quite a bit of Linux video editing at this point, so just a link or appropriate Google phrase would probably be enough to point me in the right direction.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tppytel
    so just a link or appropriate Google phrase would probably be enough to point me in the right direction.
    If I needed to do this in Linux, I'd start with dvdunauthor. If I still used Windows, I'd probably look to ifoedit once the main movie was re-multiplexed, or something like ifoupdate/reauthorist. Unfortunately, I've never had to/wanted to do this in Linux - and judging by the age of my possible tools, it's been quite a while for Windows as well.
    Linux _is_ user-friendly. It is not ignorant-friendly and idiot-friendly.
    Quote Quote