VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Hauppague capture card and use WinTV2000 to record. I can't seem to record things in 60hz, this includes NTSC games from Japan and Xbox 360 games. Does anybody know how to fix this? I had Dscaler be suggested to me but I haven't managed to configure it properly.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    We've had posts in the past about cards that can do this kind of capturing, but I don't remember the names. Do a search on PAL-60 and you should get some matches, but do your search at the top level of the forums please. Search is broken and only works correctly at the top level. I don't think any Hauppauge card can capture a PAL-60 signal.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Alright, I could still use help with recording in a 60hz signal though? Some games I have for the PS2 won't record properly.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Teryolilio
    Alright, I could still use help with recording in a 60hz signal though? Some games I have for the PS2 won't record properly.
    Really? Hmm... I said in my post
    Originally Posted by jman98
    I don't think any Hauppauge card can capture a PAL-60 signal.
    That's why I suggested you look for another card, but if you want to continue to beat your head against a brick wall, you are welcome to do so.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Terratec Cinergy 250 pci, that's what i have. Works with pal 60 hertz guaranted but it's discontinued.

Look out for terratec products it's a german brand and as such they have a long, VERY long tradition to support all types of signals in germany: pal, secam, ntsc.

Peace
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think ATI AIW AGP Radeons can do it just fine.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Really? Hmm... I said in my post
    I don't think any Hauppauge card can capture a PAL-60 signal.
    That's why I suggested you look for another card, but if you want to continue to beat your head against a brick wall, you are welcome to do so.
    What's with the attitude? I know that you said that and I appriciate the help but having searched and read around it seems that PAL-60 and 60hz is not the same thing. PAL-60 being a problem exclusive for the Xbox 360. I would like to be able to record footage with PS2 games that have a 60hz signal still.
    Not to mention I know a guy who records on 360 with his Hauppague card using VirtualDub, I haven't managed to get that program to work though.

Originally Posted by themaster1
    Terratec Cinergy 250 pci, that's what i have. Works with pal 60 hertz guaranted but it's discontinued.

Look out for terratec products it's a german brand and as such they have a long, VERY long tradition to support all types of signals in germany: pal, secam, ntsc.

Peace
    Ah crap. Thanks for the advice, if I decide to get a new card I will be looking that up.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What's with the attitude? I know that you said that and I appriciate the help but having searched and read around it seems that PAL-60 and 60hz is not the same thing. PAL-60 being a problem exclusive for the Xbox 360. I would like to be able to record footage with PS2 games that have a 60hz signal still.
    The "hybrid", "pseudo" signals you are referring to are NOT exclusive to XBOX. There is no special XBOX instructions or workflow to capturing a hybrid signal. I cannot capture my NTSC videotapes, played through my PAL VCR (although I can watch them easily)with my PAL Hauppauge PVR-350....just like you cannot capture the XBOX stuff. We both have the same thing going on.

Not to mention I know a guy who records on 360 with his Hauppague card using VirtualDub, I haven't managed to get that program to work though.
    Then the odds are is that his video game, his XBOX and his capture card are all the same(all NTSC or all PAL).

What is boils down to is this. Capture cards are designed in either NTSC or PAL video formats....and only capture those formats....not hybrid formats.
    Even my old Philips DVD Recorder, which could record both PAL and NTSC....could NOT record a quasi/hybrid signal.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm. I see. But then how would I go about recording on my 360, if I bought one of the cap cards recommended would I be able to record both my PAL and NTSC games? o.O

I must add that I really don't know much about this at all for that matter, my uncle was the one who hooked up everything to do with the TV card for me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hmm. I see. But then how would I go about recording on my 360
    It is quite possible that you will NEVER be able to do it......especially with your limited knowledge of this stuff.
    There are some expensive DVD recorders that I hear can record a quasi signal....but that's about it. No magic
    button, no magic software, no easy fix. Impossible for all....NO. Impossible for many(me included)....YES....and I've
    been collecting/archiving PAL and NTSC video for many years.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54
    Hmm. I see. But then how would I go about recording on my 360
    It is quite possible that you will NEVER be able to do it......especially with your limited knowledge of this stuff.
    There are some expensive DVD recorders that I hear can record a quasi signal....but that's about it. No magic
    button, no magic software, no easy fix. Impossible for all....NO. Impossible for many(me included)....YES....and I've
    been collecting/archiving PAL and NTSC video for many years.
    But if that's the case, how come other people are able to record footage from their 360? O_o One guy I know told me he just bought a new high quality cap card and was able to capture with his 360. Since he couldn't do it with his previous card. He lives in the UK too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Older Hauppauge WinTv Cards (I have one) with a BT878 chip can theoretically do this.

However, a BT878 chip, while being capable, still needs some revised drivers and WinTv2000 did not like these drivers. However with a little tweaking it was possible to do PAL-60 captures with this unit.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    But if that's the case, how come other people are able to record footage from their 360?
    I already explained that.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh... everything needs to be in NTSCH? -_- Well ******* hell, there has to be a different way to be able to capture.

Originally Posted by DB83
    Older Hauppauge WinTv Cards (I have one) with a BT878 chip can theoretically do this.

However, a BT878 chip, while being capable, still needs some revised drivers and WinTv2000 did not like these drivers. However with a little tweaking it was possible to do PAL-60 captures with this unit.
    Well... I have the "HAUPPAGUE WINTV PVR PCI II Capture". That isn't one of those, is it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Everything has to MATCH. PAL game, PAL XBOX and PAL capture card.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh... everything needs to be in NTSCH? -_- Well ******* hell, there has to be a different way to be able to capture.

Originally Posted by DB83

Well... I have the "HAUPPAGUE WINTV PVR PCI II Capture". That isn't one of those, is it?
    Unlikely. The card I quote is an analogue capture card.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I see.

Originally Posted by hech54
    Everything has to MATCH. PAL game, PAL XBOX and PAL capture card.
    Argh.. I understand. But wouldn't I be able to record if I were to aquire one of the capture cards mentioned above? One that CAN record 60hz.

Like "Terratec Cinergy 250 pci, that's what i have. Works with pal 60 hertz guaranted but it's discontinued."
    Quote Quote  
  18. Scandinavia that's a Pal land no? So the answer is yes.
    If the game is ntsc and the xbox Pal the xbox wil ouput a pal 60 hertz signal
    If you have the terratec 250 i suggest you use fly 2000tv
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote