VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an avi file (I ripped the DVD with Fair Use Wizard) on a DVD disk, 2.8GB, 3 hours 3 minutes. The disk plays fine on my computer with Media Player Classic (and shows the correct running time), but on 2 different standalone DVD players that I tried, the avi movie is truncated at 2 hours 16 minutes. One of the players shows the incorrect running time as 2 hours 16 minutes.
    My question is: Is there a avi file size limit for DVD players? It seems that if I encoded the move to be 1.4GB (instead of 2.8 GB), I could have avoided this problem.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I see.
    Any of the following Divx encoding options might cause DVD players to have problems.
    4) Files larger than 2 GB in size.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Some very old players had a 1 GB size limit.
    Quote Quote  
  4. yeah, i also happen to such problems. it seems that there is limitation on some dvd players.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimdagys
    truncated at 2 hours 16 minutes. One of the players shows the incorrect running time as 2 hours 16 minutes.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Happy to bet that if you cut the file at the 2:16 mark, you get a 2 GB chunk. I have on player that will happily start to play files larger than 2GB, but simply stops at that point.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote