VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

Well, after some years, it`s time to go to High Definition; I`ll need a new computer fast enough to edit AVCHD/MPEG2-HD files, does anyone have suggestion on a good combination of MOBO + CPU + memory modules ?

Budget is not necessarily an issue, but of course I don`t wanna go bankrupt, I just need it to be fast enough to edit HD files using Premiere Pro CS4 without any add-on softwares.

Generally I prefer to stick to Pentium processors cause these seems more compatible, I have had better experiences with them, also ASUS mobo are my favorites as well.

A suggestion on a camera would be highly welcomed as well;

Thank you,

Zetti
    Quote Quote  
  2. AVCHD is difficult to edit natively, very cpu intensive and sluggish on the timeline. Do a search an you will find 100's of threads on this topic. Many people resort to using digital intermediates or proxy editing. An i7 at stock speeds can handle 1 stream comfortably.

CS5 next year will bring GPU acceleration to Premiere, until then , it's still difficult to edit natively without the workarounds mentioned - especially when you add in effects/transitions, multiple streams

Choice of camcorder depends on your goals/needs , price range, features, ease of editing, media choice etc... have a look at review sites including camcorderinfo.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks so much, any other opinions please ?

Zetti
    Quote Quote