VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

Well, after some years, it`s time to go to High Definition; I`ll need a new computer fast enough to edit AVCHD/MPEG2-HD files, does anyone have suggestion on a good combination of MOBO + CPU + memory modules ?

Budget is not necessarily an issue, but of course I don`t wanna go bankrupt, I just need it to be fast enough to edit HD files using Premiere Pro CS4 without any add-on softwares.

Generally I prefer to stick to Pentium processors cause these seems more compatible, I have had better experiences with them, also ASUS mobo are my favorites as well.

A suggestion on a camera would be highly welcomed as well;

Thank you,

Zetti
    Quote Quote  
  2. AVCHD is difficult to edit natively, very cpu intensive and sluggish on the timeline. Do a search an you will find 100's of threads on this topic. Many people resort to using digital intermediates or proxy editing. An i7 at stock speeds can handle 1 stream comfortably.

CS5 next year will bring GPU acceleration to Premiere, until then , it's still difficult to edit natively without the workarounds mentioned - especially when you add in effects/transitions, multiple streams

Choice of camcorder depends on your goals/needs , price range, features, ease of editing, media choice etc... have a look at review sites including camcorderinfo.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks so much, any other opinions please ?

Zetti
    Quote Quote