VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VOB2MPG PRO V3.0.0122
    Got over the initial hurdle. Thanks. There were two more issues, probably just as trivial as I have V3 and the tutorial was either 1.x or 2.x.

Audio Streams. In the tutorial, you demonstrated the selection of various audio streams. I have video from the DVD. The drop-down widgits seem to work, but no sound occurs. I do have sound from your .mpg tutorial. In the tutorial you brought up a dialog box titled “Properties” that you used to control volume. I could not repeat that operation.

The “Start-Button” is grayed out; the button to the immediate right of the start button is grayed out; they are both disabled. One cannot “Start” the extraction process as you did on the video tutorial.

Any Ideas?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No sound: I would install AC3Filter as you may not have the correct directshow audio filters installed on your PC. (depending on the audio types)

Start button: Can you send screenshot please?
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AC3FILTER corrected the audio problem.

Now to the video.

Note that these sequences are not very repeatable.

1a. Boot Computer
    1b. Open VOB2MPG. Everything looks normal. The start button is active ON. This happened once yesterday and once today and I missed the capture moment.

2a. I closed and reopened VOB2MPG. And launched VIDEO_TS.IFO. Initially the filename appeared in the DVD: folder location.
    3a. I hit IFO-Mode followed by VOBSET mode The widget says IFO Mode; the DVD folder went blank never to reappear; the START button is oscillating in color. First fully enabled then disabled. Functionally it does NOT respond to mouse clicks.

My original comment about the grayed out button, the screen was exactly as the one attached.

Nothing starts.

New Info. I closed and restarted VOB2MPG. I opened an ISO file and was able to extract chapters. At this point, I click the button “IFO Mode” and it changes to “VOBSET”. I again hit the same button, and it reverts to IFO Mode. This time the start button is solidly grayed out and the DVD title has been discarded.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think the issue is that once you change the "Mode" you have to load the IFO file or VIDEO_TS folder once more.... I.e. When you change mode the DVD file is discarded and the buttons are disabled. Choose an input again and everything is back to normal.

Best practice: Choose your mode first, then load your source.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote