VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just received a 100 disc cake from Newegg. To my amazement, I found they were made in "the United Arab Emir." Hope they are not Bin Laden specials! Will not be able to use them for a while. Has anyone had a chance to use them yet? Not India, Singapore, or Taiwan, the usual vendors, are represented.
    Well, they were less than $20.00
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "Made in UAE" is Mitsubishi media manufactured by Falcon Tech Industries (FTI), with MCC materials, to MCC specs. So far reports have been overall fine online. My own recent burns with them have been flawless.

Some of the best deals on them right now are at Amazon, the DVD-R. Prices can vary day to day. Currently at $26 this minute, but were only $20 a few days ago. They always hover in the $20-25 range, for the 100packs. Good deals, at any price in that range.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yep, so far, the UAE Verbs are turning out to be quite good. They're $20 for a 100-pack at OfficeMax this week.

Also, read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Arab_Emirates

"After the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the United States the UAE was identified as a major financial center used by Al-Qaeda in transferring money to the hijackers (two of the 9/11 hijackers, Marwan al-Shehhi and Fayez Ahmed Bannihammad, who crashed United Flight 175 into the South Tower of the World Trade Center, were UAE citizens). The nation immediately cooperated with the U.S, freezing accounts tied to suspected terrorists and strongly clamped down on money laundering.

"The UAE supports military operations from the United States and other Coalition nations that are engaged in the war against the Taliban in Afghanistan (2001) and Saddam Hussein in Iraq (2003) as well as operations supporting the Global War on Terrorism for the Horn of Africa at Al Dhafra Air Base located outside of Abu Dhabi. The air base also supported Allied operations during the 1991 Persian Gulf War and Operation Northern Watch. The country had already signed a military defense agreement with the U.S. in 1994 and one with France in 1995."
    Quote Quote