VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello thanks for the interest.

I am a very "new kid on the block" so hoping this problem has been posted in the correct location if not PLEASE let me know.

I have been using Eyecopia software which is a security video recording software for quite a few years now. I had reason to have to reinstall the software due to a hard drive failure but now have a BIG problem as it will now not reregister the software.

I sent Eyecopia an email telling them exactly what had happened and requesting a new key as the registry is time coded and once the date has expired you are required to ask for a new key, this I did and received the key reasonably quickly but noticed it had originated from an unmanned address.

I have DESPERATELY tried to re-register the software but it just fails saying I do not have an Internet connection. I have tried everything I know i.e. removed completely my virus and firewall software and made sure the Windows Firewall is disabled as well. But it still say's NO CONNECTION to Internet, crazy!. Of course this is incorrect as I can use the computer no problem at all on the Internet.

I have sent Eyecopia 3 emails over the past 2 weeks asking for their help but not had a reply or even an acknowledgment to say it has been received the emails sent to both help@eyecopia.com and help@enjoinllc.com both addresses apparently correct. Of course they are about as they sent me a new key (which I cannot use).

I have read a few messages on different forums sites and it appears Eyecopia have a very poor after sales service, why you can't just buy a license and use it without problem I will never know, maybe it is because I could put it on more than one computer but 'so be it' if it keeps the customer happy.

Love to find out what's happening PLEASE!! as I cannot use the software at all without it being registered. THANK YOU

Comp: Athlon Dual 4300
    1.5Gb DDRAM2
    250Gb HD
    XP Home Edition........
    20Mb Cable Broadband
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Wow.....someone else who thinks we are stupid.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If the email address isn't valid, your ISP should bounce it back to you as undeliverable. So they probably received it on their server and are ignoring it. Try pinging the address that the activation is going to. http://www.wikihow.com/Ping-an-IP-Address Or try the activation software on another computer to determine if the software itself is broken. I assume the rest of your internet access works.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz
    If the email address isn't valid, your ISP should bounce it back to you as undeliverable. So they probably received it on their server and are ignoring it. Try pinging the address that the activation is going to. http://www.wikihow.com/Ping-an-IP-Address Or try the activation software on another computer to determine if the software itself is broken. I assume the rest of your internet access works.
    Thanks for the reply very good of you however I am completely lost with your suggestion.

The software is automatically registered i.e. I just click on a REGISTER button and like magic the software SHOULD BE REGISTERED but of course it isn't connecting. This would seem to me that I will not be able to check from which and to what addresses the register is actually taking place, unless of course I am missing something.

I understand Pinging however I am unsure how I may use it in my context to prove where the problem lies.

Sorry to be a burk.

Pete
    Quote Quote