VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wish to make one of these so the family can have a game at christmas, will make a change from charades etc. I would like the dvd player to play around 3-4 secs of film themes and then give you a chance to guess after each one. Then be able to reveal the correct answer with a press of a button.

Many thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. It would take an advanced authoring program and skills to make sub menus that would work, I would recommend having them pause the DVD.
    Make graphics such as this and put them on the timeline, then put the audio at the beginning.

Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for that, which programme would you recommend
    Quote Quote  
  4. You could use a simple program such as Windows DVD Maker that comes with Vista/7 or use a more sophisticated program such as Corel VideoStudio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Any DVD Authoring app that supports the full spec of menus, chapters and titles will do (that's the majority).

I would suggest you just set a VeryLow Bitrate still video file to go along with the Audio, join all the audio clips to make a title (with each clip being a chapter in the title), and the chapter end set to automatically go to a menu which might have a timeout? or await the NEXT keypress. Menu allows you to choose Yes or No, or a Multiple choice, or just give the answer like you mentioned (so you don't even have to do manuevering). The chapters w/in a title thing is so you can have 99 x 99 = 9801 possibiliities vs. only 99 possibilities.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVDlab is good
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia
    Any DVD Authoring app that supports the full spec of menus, chapters and titles will do (that's the majority).

I would suggest you just set a VeryLow Bitrate still video file to go along with the Audio, join all the audio clips to make a title (with each clip being a chapter in the title), and the chapter end set to automatically go to a menu which might have a timeout? or await the NEXT keypress. Menu allows you to choose Yes or No, or a Multiple choice, or just give the answer like you mentioned (so you don't even have to do manuevering). The chapters w/in a title thing is so you can have 99 x 99 = 9801 possibiliities vs. only 99 possibilities.

Scott
    Scott,
    Thanks for this, you make it sound so simple but i bet it isn't. I have encoded and burnt basic films etc. But never added any extra chapters so it will be a steep learning curve.

Dean
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any ideas on what i could use for this "VeryLow Bitrate still video file" as the background.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If you really want to make it low bitrate, use a photo (or even solid black) as input to a video editor and make it last the WHOLE length of the video title (length matching the assembled audio clips). For video on DVD, this could be MPEG1 (aka 352x288 in PAL land) @ 25fps. Bitrate could be <500kbps, which leaves a great deal of room for all the audio you may want. If you don't have that many clips, or if you're using a DL disc, you start upping the bitrate and adding more Interest to the visual - color, maybe a slideshow, or a countdown.

I've done a similar disc before with Spruce Maestro, Pinnacle ???, and Sony DVD Architect. I would guess that Adobe Encore and DVDLab would also be quite good.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    As I recall I used a 720x480(or similar) bitmap image and .WAV audio with TMPGEnc Plus and created an mpeg file of each song in an artist's discography to create an amazingly LONG playing audio DVD(DVD Audio - whatever).....broken up by album and each song in the album was a chapter...all with a cool menu.
    Quote Quote