VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey, I came across a vBox 3560 ATSC digital tuner, and can't get MCE to recognize it. When I plugged it in, Windows automatically recognized it and installed all the proper drivers, and you can see it installed properly in device manager. But MCE still reported that all it saw was my Nvidia DualTV analog card. So I disabled that card in device manager, hoping MCE would see the vBox, and still no dice. When I try to go to the TV section in settings, it says that at least one tuner with an NTSC signal must be configured. I read somewhere that you need to stop the Media Center Receiver Service for this to work, so I tried that, still no dice. Any ideas on how to get this thing to work?
    :cool: Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes. :cool:
    Quote Quote  
  2. I thought I'd mention that I got the vBox working, I found out that you have to disable the analog cards first, then go into MCE like you're going to set up the TV signal, so it recognizes it has nothing there, then go out and reenable the analog card. Then when you run the tv setup, it will scan for all types of cards. Then it saw the digital signal.

But now I come across another problem. Well a couple, but some I realize we can't really do anything about. One is that the antenna I bought isn't picking up a couple of channels. Wouldn't pick up anything in my basement. Moving it outside helped it to pick up most, but still couldn't pick up a major channel, ABC. Anyway, that's one of the things I'll have to work out on my own with better antenna placement or something. But the problem that is really bugging me is that once I got some digitial stations picked up and was watching them on the media center, they were really buggy. There was freezing, stuttering, and it was really random. Almost like the PC couldn't keep up with streaming the content. But I've never had any problem streaming the content from my analog card. That could be that the analog card has on-board processors to do all the encoding, but I thought that the digital content didn't need any encoding done. So I'm confused why the digital channels are being so buggy. For the most part, they work ok, just every few seconds, it would stutter or lag for a second. The quality is great though, it's not a signal stregth thing.

Anyway, just thought I'd put that out there in case anyone is listening and has some advice to offer.
    :cool: Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes. :cool:
    Quote Quote