VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Hmm, I use Verbatim 96689s, the Lightscribe MKM-003s, rated at 8x, MIS. Pricey, and they only come in spindles of 10.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817130048

I've switched to Blu-Ray, but don't have a Blu-Ray burner, doing BD 5/9 for now. So if reliability is in decline, that would be bad news. Haven't had any problems yet. [knocks wood]
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss
    check with imgburn. see what the adip disc id is. the 2.4x media i get from newegg is always mkm-001-00. what is referred to as 2.4-6x or 2.4-8x usually as it's not the old single speed mis 2.4x.

[edit] p.s. it's excellent media
    Hmm, well i finally got around to checking some various DL+R Verbatim media and every one is Disc ID: MKM-001-00
    So if you are saying the older DL+R Verbatims did NOT have that media code, it is incorrect.
    EDIT:
    Okay, i think i get the jist of what you are saying, regardless all my old disc's and current disc's are the same ID in both DVDINFOPRO & Imgburn

I checked a disc that was burned on 04/23/2006, one that was burned from a more recent pack on 07/03/2009, & one i just burned the other day after getting this new pack, 12/02/2009.
    They are all Disc ID: MKM-001-00

All 2.4x NON printable standard faced MIS disc's!

Originally Posted by jman98
    But I will say that you seem to have spectacularly bad results from a lot of stuff you do. I bought a 20 pack of the infamous 2.4x-6x Made in India +R DL discs which many people bitched about. Know how many bad burns I had? One. I realize that of course you are infallible so this is not directed at you as you couldn't possibly be using bad burners or bad methods in your burning, but have the others ever considered just how the hell it is possible to get 19 bad burns out of 20 pack? I've had bad Memorex media before and I never even came close to that kind of failure. I've never had worse than 20% failure with terrible Memorex media.
    I know who that is directed at and anyone who gets that bad of a failure rate, well, it's either the method, machine or man, because out of all of my MIS DL+R Verbtim standard faced disc's, i have had 1 maybe 2 bad burns, and none of them were the fault of the disc's!!
    I actually only remember one for sure but it seem's like there was another one.
    I just know all of the years i have been using verbatim media the only bad burn's i had was NOT from the media.
    Hell, even that one DL+R from 2006 still plays perfectly!!

I am going to be ordering another pack soon so hopefully i will get MIS again and i would like to test out those 6x max disc's also.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do you guys purchase these in Canada?

Ive tried to buy some and they dont ship to anywhere outside of the United States?

And ill add my personal experience is only to go with the 2.4x discs, the 8x discs are crap.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Newegg.ca
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. ...C O P Y L E F T JohnnyBob's Avatar
    Search PM
    They're now $25.99 US, $30.99 Ca.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The best I have seen in Canada is when Future shop have them on sale, you just have to look out for them, or www.blankmedia.ca.

Newegg.ca had them on for about 24 hours at $20.95 with free shipping and was limited to 5 packs.
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yup, I picked up 8 from newegg.ca.

Futureshop used to have them on sale once every 6 weeks. But they havent since September that ive seen. I think its the transition to those shit 8x DL discs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Contrary to public myth, prices are NOT better on many things during Nov-Jan each year. The best prices come in late spring and mid fall, on tech items. That's all you've noticed.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote