VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I hope I'm at the appropriate forum.

The two default skins of KMPlayer are so dark they hide many of the features, so I downloaded several skins to KMPlayer's Skins folder. I then launched KMPlayer -> right-clicked in the window -> saw "Skins" listed -> selected a new one, but the skin did not change.

I uninstalled the app, cleared the registry of the myriad of leftovers and re-installed. Now when I right-click in the KMPlayer, "Skins" is no longer listed.

In Preferences, I see no option for changing skins. Normally I'd dump such a mess, but the app seems rich in useful features. Is version 2.9.4.1435 of KMPlayer stable? Has anybody managed to change the default skins in KMPlayer?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tonight is my first night ever with this player, so I am not sure if t his is right but it worked for me. I right clicked in the area at the bottom where the play/stop/etc buttons are. There is a spot there that says skins. It lists some defaults and some "Color skins". After that, I just downloaded a skin and when it said open, it asked me what to open it with, and I picked kmplayer, and it imported the skin. I hope you get a RIGHT answer soon, but at least I tried lol
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the info. After rebooting a couple of times, I found "Skins" back in the menu (right-click anywhere in the GUI).

Having downloaded about seven skins to try, only two worked. I don't think there is anything malfunctioning in my system: seems to me that a lot of the skins offered are simply defective. But I'm very happy with the one I found that works grrreat.
    Quote Quote