VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I am trying to rip the audio from a concert DVD I own but the high end is coming out pretty muddled. I have tried a few different DVD audio ripping programs and I'm getting the same result, which is a pretty muddled high end. As mentioned I've tried a few different programs but they're all giving me the same result. Any thoughts?? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    "Ripping" a DVD results in an EXACT copy of both audio and video....so what you are implying is either impossible or "all in your head".
    Quote Quote  
  3. What have you tried? Maybe the programs you used converted the audio , instead of keeping the native format?

How are you playing it back? What software/hardware setup? Maybe it's a playback issue?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hech, I know ripping the file (dvdshrink) creates an exact duplicate, and I've done this process many times before, which is why I'm surprised I'm suddenly running into these problems.

Poison, I have tried a variety of programs, including DVD Audio Ripper (my old standby) and ZC DVD Audio Ripper (which keeps crashing on me). I have also tried converting the files to mpeg and extracting from there using dBpoweramp but I just get garbage (inaudible) output. I also tried importing the files into audacity but again it's just muddled on the high end!

I'm using a pc with vista by the way....
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Poison what program could I use to ensure that the audio is kept in a native format?

Thank you for your input.
    Quote Quote