VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to use DVD Workshop 2 to create DVD of 8mm films. I used XP Pro for many outputs with no problems BUT after upgrading to Win7 Home Premium (clean install) I get NO sound while editing. After I generate DVD and playback on DVD player the sound is there BUT I would like to have control of sound while in the edit mode. I have DVDWS2 on two computers and they both act the same way. Anybody else having this problem?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Vista and W7 (I believe), handle audio much differently than XP did. When you R click on your speaker icon in the taskbar, does DVDWS2 show a volume slider when it is running?

You may have to go to the DVDWS2 website and see if the program has any updates for W7 or Vista that may apply. Or someone here may be more familiar with the program.
    Quote Quote  
  3. DVDWS is no longer being supported by Corel, which is sad.
    Either build a XP PC for doing video work or move on to another program.
    http://forum.corel.com/EN/viewtopic.php?t=35793
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MOVIEGEEK
    DVDWS is no longer being supported by Corel, which is sad.
    Either build a XP PC for doing video work or move on to another program.
    Is there another program LIKE DVDWS2 that will do everything WS2 does? I like the way I can delete audio, insert menu pages, insert audio and many other tasks. I guess I have gotten used to using WS2. I have looked at other programs and found them to be lacking in some form or another. Maybe I just have not "dug" deep enough into others...
    Thanks,
    Len
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No. You'll need to build a legacy Windows XP machine, or emulate XP and DVDWS2 inside a VM (VirtualBox, VirtualPC, etc).

Nothing else like it exists.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote